Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The gossiping black widow...

So, I find it interesting that people can be so rude, disrespectful and judge others and then, not even a year later, do the same thing that they were judging others about. What's up with that? See, there are two women that I used to see all the time. I will call them "gossip one" and "gossip two." They decided to talk amongst themselves and come to a conclusion about me and my family. Then, gossip one decided to tell someone in my ward! Fortunately, she is not a "gossip three" and it ended there. However, it could have blown up in my face. It could have caused a lot of damage to my family. And, these "gossip-ers" don't even give a crap! They just continue living their gossipy lives and never once have they apologized. Gossip two is so fake - she has everyone thinking she is so sweet and innocent. Not only that, when I run into them occasionally (gossip two moved and the other is moving soon!) they pretend that nothing is wrong - they pretend they did nothing wrong. Now, I heard a bit of gossip about gossip one and thought to myself, "I could embellish here and I would probably be right and I could blab to a bunch of people, but I won't because it would be terrible if it ended up untrue." So, I didn't. And then the next week, it was true. I hadn't blabbed or gossiped or anything. Why? Because it was rude and she did it to me and two wrongs don't make a right! So, now I find it interesting that gossip one has done what she has done. For someone that was very intolerant of me and my decisions just one year ago, is doing the exact same thing! Not only that, this is her 3rd time! It was only my first. Where's the empathy? She was so hard on me, especially for someone who had to be contemplating doing the exact same thing. Then, I got to thinking, maybe she wasn't contemplating. Maybe she just decided to do this recently when circumstances changed. She tends to spend all their money and then spit them out. She must be moving on to her next victim. How can people stoop that low? Geez! And, that is why I shall change her name from gossip one to the gossiping black widow! Unbelievable!

You probably don't understand all that gobbledygook that I just wrote, but that's okay. I am a little confused myself. I just had to get it off my chest! I feel better now!

6 comments:

Keli said...

Oh, I totally know. And yeah, that sucks. Trust me, it sucks knowing what may or may not be around the corner. I don't like it one bit. Not one little bit.

But I'm sorry about how it happened to you, and I'm very proud of you for being the bigger person. You rule.

Hillary said...

The one thing I have learned in my not so long life is that you never know what another persons life is really like. Everyone puts up a front.

I really enjoyed Elder Uchtdorf's talk on Saturday. We really should help and love each other as much as we can. I am proud of you for being the bigger person.

Larissa said...

I'm actually not the bigger person because I'm giving them names like gossiping black widow. But, I could use their real names and that would be really bad.

I can't wait for conference this weekend. I am hoping to hear a lot of stuff to uplift me and make me want to be a better person. Thanks Hilary for the reminder.

Jill Johnson said...

You are so funny! I used to be Gossip three, but I got mixed up in a bad situation, and swore I would never gossip again. It is hard, but it is so damaging. You are awesome. I love when karma bites people in the butt. It is so fun to sit back and laugh!

Eric said...

Are you talking about me, D-Rock and Laura? If so, it is clearly Laura's fault. D-Rock and I are innocent victims.

Terry said...

To gossip or not to gossip? I think it is a sign of maturity. I often wish I could take back things I have said about other people, but can't. That has been a life changing experience for me, as I look back on careless things I may have said, even unintentionally.

Living in a town of 600 for four years really teaches you to keep your mouth shut, 'cause everyone is related somehow!!

I am glad you are a bigger, more mature person. You will never regret keeping things to yourself.

Miss ya Larissa!!