Friday, September 26, 2008

Ouch!

So, I played volleyball with the ladies. It was the right thing to do, or so I thought. You know, stay home and watch nighttime drama or play church ball? Anyhoo, I played church ball. Had fun until the ball bounced off another girl and came at me with such force (and for some reason I was not under the ball which was my intention) and BAM! Jammed my ring finger on my left hand. It hurt so bad. I was trying not to cry, but I wanted to. Last night, I was convinced I would have to have it reduced by the doctor today. That thing wouldn't straighten or bend for anything. Plus, it hurt like nobodies business. I religiously did the RICE treatment including letting my arm sleep on three pillows and then by morning it was much more straight. So, what the heck? I could have stayed home in jammies, eating popcorn, losing myself in Seattle Grace hoping for some fresh new sexy Mcdoctor to come work there, but instead I went to support the church ball. Where's my blessings??? And now this post is taking me forever to type! So, it's all good for now, although I don't think I can play volleyball for a while! I guess that means watching t.v. IS the right thing to do!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Ouch! Yeah, it is better to just stay home from church ball. Or go on a bikeride with me.

Larissa said...

Oh, a bike ride would be fun. Except I don't own a bike. I'd have to borrow Mikaela's and then you would have to leave me in the dust because I am no good at riding.