Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Larissa!!!












So....somehow I finagled my way into letting Larissa allow me to post something for her on her birthday. Big mistake? Probably. But since she does it for everyone else, I wanted to do it for her. I will be as nice as I possibly can. Promise!

Things I love about Larissa:

she always gets things done no matter how busy she is

she always looks cute wherever she goes

she has the 3 cutest little stinkers in the world

people can always go to her house for dinner and she'll make something

I can talk her into doing most things-but she still wont budge on skydiving

she is very adventurous (esp. for how uncoordinated she is)

she is fun to hang out with

she is super active in the church (primary presidency)

she shares birthdays with me every year. We're like twins with 8 years difference.

she laughs at EVERYTHING

she takes notes whilst watching Dr. Phil

she loves to be around people and is very social

she is the BEST mom in the world

she braves living with Papa Bill and takes care of him because he's a big kid

she goes to Costco on saturdays (i don't necessarily like this about her, but I give her kudos for daring to do it)


some of the greatest people in the world born on the same day

Tiffany Amber Thiessen-best actress ever! (1974)

Tito Ortiz- UFC Fighter (1975)

Rutger Hauer- dutch actor. Plus he was awesome in "Blind Fury" (1944)

John Hancock- American Statesman (1737)

Ryan Reynolds (1976)

Al Yankovic (1959)

Amazing Jan. 23 history

In 2004, J-Lo breaks engagement to Ben Affleck :(

In 1978, Sweden became the first nation in the world to ban aerosol sprays, believed to be damaging to earths ozone layer. (thanks Sweden, and Jan. 23 for making it happen)

In 1993, Nancy Kerrigan won the US female figure skating championship (take that Tonya Harding)

In 2006, scientists win federal $ to map genomes of pigs in hope of producing better pork (that's a great investment if you ask me)

In 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell becomes the first female physician in the US.

and last, but most definitely NOT least


In 1984, Hulk Hogan defeats Iron Sheik to become the WWF champ!

9 comments:

Allred Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy!

Keli said...

Wow. How can you ever live up to history like that?

Larissa said...

"Always looks cute wherever she goes"....QUESTION MARK! I guess you've never seen me in the morning when I run my kids to school...not so cute!

Larissa said...

Oh and thanks Summer and Dani for posting. You guys are awesome!

Summer said...

I know that song might kinda suck, but it has 38 years old in it. It's like not using Princes 1999 song on New Years 1998. Other than that, it has no other significance.....except that you've never kissed a girl like the dude in the song. But happy birthday nonetheless.

Merit Badge Mom said...

Happy Birthday Larissa!!! Sorry I didn't get over to see you today, this cold is aweful. But I hope you had a great day!

Valery G. said...

Happy Birthday! Celebrate YOU!!!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one.

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

You both share birthdays with Kelly kapowski!!!! Jealousy consumes me.