Thursday, October 9, 2008

The courage to begin...

"More powerful than the will to win is the courage to begin"

I saw this quote on Lisa Bearnson's blog when I was researching for Mikaela's student body video and I loved it! Mikaela had her student body elections a little bit ago and I have been waiting to post this with her cute video. The problem is that the video needed editing because it lists her school and all that and I wanted to post a safer video but we haven't been able to get that to work. Mikaela did not make the top four for student body for the 7th grade and neither did her friend Alex. We were sad for both of them and they felt sad too, but they were both good sports and Mikaela just said, "I'll try out again next year." She has the best attitude. I am so proud of her for trying and I think it took a lot of guts to do that in a new school where you don't know 2/3 of the kids in your grade. I will try to post a picture of her poster because that was cute and she had a lot of comments about her posing with a large letter "M" (from our photo shoot with Michelle). Her theme was Got "Milk"kaela? Many of the boys were saying, "I'm voting for the girl with the milk cuz I like milk" or "I voted for the hot chick with the milk!" She got a laugh out of that and I thought to myself...who's calling my baby hot???

*And a special shout out to Nick, Suzanne, and Lainey for their tireless efforts till 2 am helping with the posters and video. We owe you, big time!

No comments: