Sunday, October 26, 2008

The primary program is over!!!

After four years of working with the primary sacrament program, you would think I would have it down to a science. Unfortunately, I don't. And yet, I survived! I worried unecessarily for months about this program, had two practices consisting of only 14 - 16 kids, didn't know who would actually show up, had two kids get head lice, and wondered how we were going to do all the duets without practicing, etc. the program is finally over! Yay! I am so relieved and happy because it turned out better than I could have hoped. The day did not start out well and as soon as the kids sung the first song, I Am a Child of God (along with a little descant), I knew it was all going to be fine. And, it was!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

That is such a good feeling! I don't know how you have done it for 4 years. That is crazy!

Hillary said...

I don't think you can have a bad primary program. Even if the kids are acting up it is entertaining.

The only time I ever thought "Oh My" during a program was when the primary president stood right next to the pulpit and grabed the kid as they were walking to the mike and roughly set them in front of the mike and as soon as they said their part she grabbed them and tossed them off and then turned to grab the next kid. If a child was absent she said there line.

Then again that was a little entertaining for me too.

I was visiting the ward and if it had been one of my kids getting ruffed up I don't know if it would have been so funny.

Valery G. said...

Congrats! I wish you could bring your primary kids to mty singles ward. I miss the primary programs. Thanks for all of your hard work. I know the rest of the ward is very thankful!!!

Allred Family said...

Congratulations! I am jealous! I am in the thick of mine right now. I just hope it turns out as good as yours.

Meg & Josh said...

You do a wonderful job every year! This year included.