Thursday, April 10, 2008

Strawberries for free!!! How sweet is that?


Today I went grocery shopping. Now, I am my father's daughter and he taught me well. He can catch any incorrect pricing at any grocery store at any time of day no matter how full his basket is. I can't tell you how many items he comes home with for free because the prices are screwed up.
So, I ran to Albertson's and picked up a four pound thing of strawbs for $5.96. The kid rang it through at $9.99. I, of course, had to let him know it was incorrect. He called back to produce and they told him the sign was supposed to come down and they were no longer on sale. So, he said "can I just give you a $4.00 off coupon?" And I replied "what about the price guarantee, don't I get them for free?" (whilst pointing at the small print of an offer on their counter!) He sadly said "Yea, I can do that for you?" Now, what is the big deal? The store offers it. It's their correct price guarantee. Why won't they give it to you in the first place? Why do we have to gravel? Why do they act like it's coming out of their own pockets every time? I don't get it. If you don't want to honor it, get rid of it!!! Okay, enough of that. My dad hates going to Peterson's because no matter what he buys, something is ALWAYS the wrong price over there. But, if it happens at Albertson's, you get it for free, baby. (With a little begging, pleading and giving your eye teeth, of course.)

In case you can't tell, it's been a boring week.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Good for you!!!
Like so many other good qualities in society that have seemed to dissapear, customer service has also been lacking in things lately.
What ever happened to the customer is always right? As a teenager I worked at a grocery store and my manager always tried to make th customer happy. Sometimes he did it with a smile of gritted teeth when the coupon queens (as we called them) came in on double coupon day and cleaned the store out while paying .10 for every item. But we were still told to always be nice and try to keep the customers happy.

Kelli said...

Good for you for sticking to it. I would have given in at the $4.00 coupon for sure.