Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!

I sure hope you all had a nice 4th of July. This is one of my favorite holidays. We started the day with the city family fun run (2.2 miles). Hudson and I ran it and Mikaela pushed Dalton in the jogger stroller. Hudson took off super fast and totally kicked my trash! (I know, I know, it's not hard to do!) Mikaela came in a little later, but she did really well considering she didn't train and she pushed a 6 year old! Next year, Dalton's running it too. Then we met Derrek and dad for the chuck wagon breakfast. It was actually very good food. After perusing the park booths, I came home and tried to fight the heat. I didn't have the kids with me so I just did whatever needed to be done. I did paint my toenails! Needless to say, it was a boring day. No BBQ or anything exciting like that. In fact, I didn't even eat dinner! I made a fruit pizza in the shape of a cookie sheet and I only used blueberries and strawberries to decorate it, but it was delish nonetheless. The kids met me at the park and we watched the fireworks with the Marchants. It was a great show! That city just keeps getting better and better.


Race Results:

Hudson 19th place overall with a time of 20:26.05

Larissa 25th overall with a time of 22:30.11

Dalton 51st overall with a time of 31:56.22

Mikaela 52nd overall with a time of 32:21.29

No comments: