Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My first Sushi!!!

I tried "real" sushi for the first time. People wonder how I lived in LA for a year and never ate sushi. That's all people do out there. But, I was a mom with kids and my kids would rather pull toenails off with pliers than eat raw fish. So, the sushi eatin' was left to Don and all the medical residents.

Suzanne, Nick and Derrek and Kim were going to Mikados and then Kim couldn't go and Danielle and I were invited. Now, I can't say that I love it...yet, but if someone were to say "you want to go for sushi" I would go. I stuck with the safe types of sushi. Can't tell you which ones cuz I can't remember the names. But I did try one of the "real raw" sushis and tried not to gag. Suzanne thought it was impressive for a non-meat eater. Nick took a picture of it for the memory, but it's a horrible picture and I look like a witch! I still love veggie tempura though. That was yummy. Oh, and P.S. I suck at chopsticks!

Derrek, Larissa & Danielle

Derrek, Suz, Nick, Larissa

Derrek and Suzanne

Danielle


Wicked witch of the "west" side!
(What do you expect...freakin' Nemo's swimming down my throat!)

No comments: