Sunday, April 22, 2007

Salt Lake Marathon '07

The Salt Lake Marathon was April 21st. Don ran the half along with our friend Kyle. I ran the 5K (you can all stop laughing now) with my friend Tamra, who happens to be Kyle's wife. Normally, she would run the half but she was injured. Fortunately for me, it didn't keep her from running with me and pumping me up. Those of you who know me, know that I need a lot of encouragement. Those of you who know me also know that I am NOT a runner! For some reason, I think it dates back to 5th grade when my short, extra heavy elementary school homeroom teacher Mrs. Moore yelled at me during laps "Run faster Larissa, you should be able to run faster with those long legs." So, what worked for Forest Gump, worked the reverse for me and I never ran again. Well, until I switched to "the dark side" and started in June of 06. Thanks for nothing, Mrs. Moore (I'm not really sure that's her name.) That IS a true story. I did not make it up. Anyway, the race was awesome. Now, I don't believe I will EVER run anything more because I have this nervousness about running with friends and being the last one to come in. You know how everybody decides they can't wait any longer so they all go home and leave you. I would much rather run a 5K and WATCH AND WAIT for them!!!

We got ripped. Ugly shirt colors AND no medals.
Hey, 5K-ers are important too!!!
(FYI, I am not wearing the ugly shirt)

Don with his medal.
(He isn't wearing his shirt either)

No comments: